I was tasked with launching the Excavator XL boot collection’s direct-to-consumer digital and print campaign.
I was seeded with what the brand marketing team had designed for wholesale B2B markets. In order to succeed I needed to work with my brand team, web designer, merchandiser, coders, and ad-spend marketing specialist to improve upon and execute within the our DTC market.
- The Excavator XL is a heavy industrial boot. This is a premium product that only about 12% of purchases fall into a similar category. This is an Elite, tempo-setting product.
- Monetary restraints: In other brands in the portfolio, it is customary for big sell-in campaigns like this to be backed my significant marketing dollars for ad spend, coding, and development. We had no incremental spend budgeted to support it.
- Avoiding Confusion: For its 60-Day Comfort Guarantee the wholesale consumers have to register on our site for it, but Excavators bought directly from our site are automatically entered, and do not need to register.
- Establish customer journey via points of entry
- Create go-to-market strategy for the launch. Via segmentation, establishing who may be shielded from parts of the campaign, and who would to intensify the experience.
- Write creative briefs for every asset: homepage, galleries, product pages, social prospecting, in-home mailers, and specialized landing pages.
- Confirm and advice on photography creation
- Work in depth with coding development and social marketing teams to execute.
Since its launch it has beat its forecast and is our best-selling composite toe. It drove the composite toe category’s 18% revenue increase to LY.
COORDINATING WHOLESALE INFILTRATION (BRAND LEAD):
- POP Installments
- Co-op marketing spend with key retailers
- Customer Service training
- Sell-through training for key retailers
- Sale reps sell-in support (buyer’s guide, informational sheet, giveaways)
OUR DTC CAMPAIGN